Tuesday, April 2, 2013

33 Week Ultrasound

I know, I know . . . still failing at the post titles.  It's invoice time at work right now, so I am trying to get this post up as quickly as I can in the short time that I have before having to dive back into billing.  I am sure my clients will appreciate that since I know they love this time of month just as much as I do! :)

Claire's Foot and Face
Today started with (what has become) our standard Tuesday non-stress test appointment, which Claire passed with flying colors.  She had hiccups the entire time, which were pretty cute to hear over the monitor.  She also apparently did not like the position of the sensor because she refused to stay still until it was moved to a different location (the tech thinks it was pressing on Claire's head . . . I think Claire is still protesting having to "perform" at such an early hour).

Next was the ultrasound, which was once again just with a tech, followed by a short visit from the doctor (whom we had never met before).  Everything is progressing as it should - Claire weighs approximately 5 lbs, 2 oz. and is in the 69th percentile for growth.  Her "O" still contains just her liver and has not had any significant change in size since the last ultrasound.  I've attached some pictures from the ultrasound - the top one is (obviously) Claire's foot, while the bottom is her face.  Unfortunately, but as per usual, Claire was not in a mood to cooperate, so we were not able to get a shot without her arm in the way.  We also got to see Claire practicing breathing, which was pretty cool.  Given that the doctor did not have anything to add at the end of the appointment, we are pretty sure he came in just to get a glimpse of Claire's "O," which is fine by us.  

Aside from the Tuesday-Friday stress tests, our next appointment is with the ob-gyn on Tuesday, April 9th at 1:30 P.M.  Hopefully that is when we will start looking at the schedule for the C-section, but we do not know for sure (we were just told that the schedule for May did not come out until mid-April).

Finally, we want to end with a big congratulations to Bo's brother and sister-in-law (and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law) on the birth of their extremely handsome baby boy on Friday, March 29th!!  Cole was ridiculously excited to meet his new cousin, and from what I understand, it was hard to pry the baby out of Cole's arms. :)

~~Val & Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment